Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Rockford Thunderdome Drift

My first track time with the SC after swapping motors was at a small Rockford event... The track may be shitty and the walls may eat cars, but to me this was one of the most fun events I've been to. Really laid back atmosphere, no real rules or course layout on the track, and free food all day made for an awesome time.





























In mid afternoon I did a run and came off the track spewing coolant everywhere... One of the end tanks on the stock radiator decided it was a good idea to crack, forcing us to do this to try and get me home.





A few miles down the road I was stuck in the same position I was at the track, so we gave AAA a call, and had about an hour to kill before a truck could make it out.





Hungry? Why wait?






As we made our way back to Chicago, we passed our buddy Kris on the side of the road and stopped to "lend a hand". After a few minutes the problem was diagnosed, and another tow truck was called for his car.







It's strange how a day when so much goes wrong can be so fun.

No comments: